Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Get and Stay Out of Your Comfort Zone

As I am embarking on my new adventure, I come across a lot of new hurdles and obstacles along the way. I also come across some great wisdom and advice from great people. Yes, I never went to college but like I tell many people I went to the University of the Minnesota Twins. And they had a Harvard type education there. I grew up and became a man faster than I could imagine and learned the ins and outs of not only baseball but how to handle myself in the public eye. I feel this is where you get your education for life! I do agree there is merit to getting an education and someday I hope to go and take some great courses to help me in furthering myself. But having a natural curiosity and always wanting to better myself, I always tried to learn new things when I had winters off and whenever I had free time. This and coupled with the ability to withstand adversity and high pressure situations has given me the ability to start my business and embark on my new adventure in life!

As mentioned earlier I try to pick out quotes and advice from great people or from sayings I have seen somewhere and try to use those quotes to model myself after. So I will use the quote and give the interpretation as to what I think it means! So the first quote is from a very bright guy and a very good marketer and entrepreneur by the name of Bob Parsons of GoDaddy.

"Get and Stay out of Your Comfort Zone!"
When you have a great idea or concept and want to expand and let your idea grow, you need to do anything and everything there is to get it started and get it out there. It is not easy getting something going from scratch. Concepts and business plans take time and if you are only staying within a certain area because you are afraid of failure, you will never know your concept's real potential. In other words, don't be afraid of failure and venture into uncharted waters because taking that fear of failure head on can be the biggest reward you will ever have in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment